Friday, December 11, 2009

it's NOT beginning to look at lot like christmas

so chicago just had it's first big snow. i haven't even used my winter jacket here in atlanta. my friend just emailed me and told me it was 'really effin cold.' and colleagues pinged me over the instant messenger saying 'it's -20 wind chill!'

a little reminder of what chicago was like this time around:
a dusting of snow
snow trees
exercise

it's times like these i'm glad i'm in the south.

the only thing i miss is that it does not in any way, shape, or form feel like christmas. i mean, i listen to christmas music in the car on my 1-hour-minimum-one-way commute in the mornings and evenings. and my sister and dad have christmas trees up in their houses, but it's just warm. well my southern colleagues and friends think it's chilly at 40 degrees, but it'll take a few winters before i feel like that's cold again...

No comments:

Post a Comment